Nowadays, it is essential to look for reliable tools for ensuring the safety and well-being of the children while a parent is not present. I.e., working away from home, or having a kid go to school when you don’t know what they’re doing.
The evolution of children’s apps has revolutionized children’s surveillance through a modern, inconspicuous methods. Most of these apps act as spy cameras/tracking devices that play a very important role for parents looking after their children.
The Evolution of Child Monitoring
Children have traditionally been monitored through physical presence. Later as technology developed further, we were introduced to nanny cameras and could watch after our little ones through the use of nanny or surveillance cameras.
Nonetheless, with the introduction of smartphones and tons of apps that have remarkable features, the idea of child monitoring has shifted slightly.
The mobile devices are everywhere so parents can easily use an unlimited number of apps at their disposal, which make their kids’ phones become advanced spying instruments in a sense.
Smartphone Apps: The New-Age Spy Cameras
Smartphone apps today convert modern phones into tiny surveillance cameras.
The parents can establish a direct connection with their child’s surrounding environment through live videos, motion detection, and two-way audio that these apps utilize in conjunction with built-in smartphone cameras.
Here are a few ways these smartphone camera apps can help parents to monitor their children to make sure they’re safe from harm:
- Track your child’s location: Most smart phone applications enable parents to monitor their kids’ actual whereabouts. This is useful in monitoring them and ensuring their safety.
- Set screen time limits: You can use smart phone apps to limit screen time for your child. It can also assist in regulation of their time and preventing over use of their devices.
- Monitor their online activity: As a matter of fact, you can keep track on what your child is browsing through smartphone apps such as web sites he visits or apps he uses. It is thus a good way of preserving them from harmful content and online predators.
- Block inappropriate content: There are smartphone apps that block inappropriate content like websites or apps with violent, pornographic or harmful material. It may also help you to safeguard your children online.
- Communicate with your child: Smartphone apps allow parents to communicate with their kids without physically being close together. This is helpful in maintaining relationships with your children and bond better when they go to school.
In addition to these features, many smartphone apps also offer a variety of other characteristics designed to help parents monitor their children effectively, such as:
- Emergency alerts: Certain applications might also alert you that your kid’s phone has been switched off or when they walk out of bounds.
- Geofencing: Also, some apps can help you define a virtual barrier or, so called geofence in order to limit their reach to certain areas. You will be notified when your child enters or exits a geofence area.
- Keyword monitoring: It is possible to track a child’s text messages and posts on the various social networks by using some apps with set key-words. You will be notified in the event that your system picks up any of these keywords.
Key Features and Functionalities
Live Video Streaming: Through smartphone apps it is made possible for parents to monitor their children with real time video streaming. They provide real time video footage, giving parents that feeling of comfort and awareness of what the child is up to.
Motion Detection: Some apps come with the ability to detect motion in order to inform the parents whenever movement happens to be present in the monitored location. It functions as a warning system that raises issues when required promptly.
Two-Way Communication: Apps also support two-way audio chats where parents can speak to their children through the application itself. This element provides a feeling of being present and safety for kids to feel assured even if their parents may be not around.
Top Apps Redefining Child Monitoring
Manything: Manything is known for its easy user interface, motion detecting alarms, real time live streaming and cloud-based video storage.
Alfred Camera: Alfred Camera incorporates night vision, a two-way talk, as well as motion detection, allowing old smartphones to be converted into surveillance cameras.
Presence: The Presence app provides live streaming, scheduled recording, and motion detection for re-purposing old smartphones into surveillance tools.
Nevertheless, having said that, smartphone applications should not replace good parenting.
Parents should still talk to their kids on internet safety and dangers lurking online, but they too should periodically monitor what they post over the Internet.
Here are some tips for using smartphone apps for child monitoring:
Choose the right apps: It is quite easy to track children using their phones nowadays since there is a lot of child monitoring smartphone apps available.
Set clear rules with your child: Explain to your child why they need to abide the rules of using the smartphone. Very simply, list down the reason for your search and give a brief explanation of how you plan to use the information found.
Monitor your child’s online activity regularly: Review the parental control reports generated by your kid’s smart phone and talk with them about important matters.
Be open and honest with your child: Tell your child that you are monitoring their online activity and explain why. Let them know why you are doing this for them.
By adhering to these guidelines, you will be able to protect your child by using smartphone apps to monitor their online activity.
There is no doubt that smartphone applications have transformed child tracking in an efficient manner that suits with the hectic schedule of today’s parents. These, in essence, pocket-size spy cameras, give parents peace of mind, even when they are miles apart from their kids.
More parents are turning to smartphone apps as a convenient, accessible, and comprehensive solution for remote monitoring due to their convenience, accessibility, and a variety of functions.
Nevertheless, these devices must be used carefully considering privacy and boundaries. Maybe it’s something to discuss with your child if he/she is old enough to understand.
All in all, the role of smartphone apps in child monitoring stands as a testament to the ever-evolving technological landscape and its impeccable impact on modern parenting.